Location: Cricklade, Wiltshire or Glasgow, Scotland with flexible working
Salary: up to £34k depending on experience plus benefits
Grow wind energy, globally and accelerate the energy transition
Help companies and governments to make the right decisions for successful futures
Work in a highly talented, committed team with a passion for making a difference
Our offices are in the UK (Cricklade, Wiltshire and Glasgow, Scotland) but we are happy to explore flexible working arrangements.
About the role
The Consultant will provide close support to other members of the team through:
- Delivering projects to clients, including research, analysis, client engagement and developing output
- Helping to identify new clients and providing input to proposals
- Engaging with industry to gain insight into projects, technology, current trends and thinking
- Desk-based research into the technology, market and supply chain of the industries we serve
- Building in-house knowledge management tools and keeping our information up to date, and
- Developing a network of industry contacts, to keep up to date with trends and thinking.
We will help you to get involved with activities across the business. In time, we will support you to focus on the areas where your skills and interests best fit together with business needs. We see this as the best way to help you develop your consulting career in this rapidly growing market.
BVGA wants to be an inclusive employer – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential. We are therefore keen to meet with people from varied backgrounds.
We are looking for people with most of the following:
- A good degree, ideally in mechanical, civil or electrical engineering, physics, natural science, mathematics, data science or economics or a masters in renewable energy
- Some relevant professional experience working in industry
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills to communicate clearly and accurately
- An enjoyment of meeting and talking with new people, and communicating widely
- An ability to uncover new data sets, spot patterns and draw out insights
- An aptitude for order, accuracy, efficiency and quality so that you can deliver to our high standards
- Flexibility, focus and a hunger to learn
- Confidence in your ability and talent as a high performer, and
- A passion for the industries we serve.
We recognise that no-one will have a similar level of capability across all these areas. What is important to us is to understand your interests, motivations and relative capability in different areas. We are talent-led and will explore with the strongest candidates how best to involve them within our team, to make the most difference to those we serve. We are keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
- A starting salary of up to £34k depending on experience with the opportunity to progress
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days holiday for UK based team members
- Discretionary, quarterly profit-share
- 3% employer contribution to your pension for UK based team members
- Cycle to work scheme for UK based team members
- Fantastic working locations, if located in one of our offices; we are open to discussions about other locations, and
- A commitment to supporting you to make the most of your career.
Please note that certain benefits start once you have passed probation which is six months after your start date.
How to apply
Find out more about working for BVGA by downloading the Applicant Information Pack using the button on this page. You can apply for the Consultant role using the online form – you’ll need to include your CV as well as complete the online application form.
Please read our applicant privacy notice which tells you how we will hold and use the personal data which you share with us as part of the recruitment process.
The deadline for applications is 9am on Tuesday 15 June 2021 but we will review applications as soon as we receive them and may close the process early depending on the number of applications we receive.
We are keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential. To help us achieve this aim we ask you to complete this monitoring form. You do not have to complete this form, if you do not wish to do so.
If you’re excited about being part of BVGA’s team and passionate about what we do, we’d love to hear from you even if you don’t meet every single one of our requirements.