Location: Cricklade, Wiltshire or Glasgow, Scotland.
Closing Date: 5pm on 9 September 2019
Use your analytical skills to grow renewables’ share of electricity generation.
Make a real difference to our clients, helping them do new things, think in new ways and solve tough problems.
Share in our success and grow with us.
About the Managing Consultant role
Due to the increasing demand for our services, BVG Associates is looking for a Managing Consultant to win, manage and deliver strategic advisory services across our core areas of expertise, including advising clients in business strategy, industry economics and technology. You will:
- Lead project delivery to clients, including client relationship management, project management, research, analysis and reporting.
- Develop new business opportunities, own client relationships and lead the creation of proposals.
- Manage the work of other colleagues in the team to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget and potentially line management of others in the team.
- Engaging with industry to develop insight into current trends and thinking, especially with regard to the technology, market and supply chains of the industries we serve.
- Shape our in-house tools and processes to keep BVG Associates at the cutting edge of strategic advisory services for the renewable energy industries, and
- Work closely with other members of the team in a supportive, collaborative and dynamic working culture.
For this role you will need:
- Substantial relevant wind or other renewable energy industry experience.
- A strategic mindset and expertise in strategy development and planning, gained in either a management consulting practice or an internal strategic role.
- A degree, ideally in mechanical, civil or electrical engineering, physics, natural science, mathematics, business or economics (2.1 or above).
- A proven ability to manage client relationships and generate consulting sales.
- The ability to effectively manage complex projects across multiple businesses and geographies, and
- Strong people management skills with the aptitude and ability to lead, coach and motivate others to achieve their best.
BVG Associates deliver deep insights and practical strategies so that our clients can succeed in global renewables markets. We pride ourselves on our independence and work that has rigour, value and honesty. We are committed to helping our team develop, learn and grow.
More information about what we do and why we do it is available in our application information pack.
How to apply
Please complete the online application form, including a covering letter and a copy of your CV. Please read our applicant privacy notice before completing the form and sending us your CV.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on 9 September 2019. We will review applications as soon as we receive them and may close the role early depending on the number of applications we receive.
We are an equal opportunities employer and committed to ensuring all applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.