Help us grow our strategic advisory services.
Managing Consultant (potentially Associate Director): industry building, globally
Cricklade, Wiltshire or Glasgow, Scotland with flexible working
c£50k to £66k depending on experience, plus bonus and benefits
Grow wind energy, globally and accelerate the energy transition
Help companies and governments to make the right decisions for successful futures
Work in a highly talented, committed team with a passion for making a difference
Location: Our offices are in the UK (Cricklade, Wiltshire and Glasgow, Scotland) but we are happy to explore flexible working arrangements.
About the role
This is an exciting area of growth for us, where we have been making a difference far beyond what would be expected for the size of team we have. You will be a key part of our team in this space, working closely with our Managing Director. Our focus in this area is on supporting governments and other enabling organisations in accelerating offshore wind in emerging and established markets – elsewhere in the business, we focus on supporting companies with their key strategic needs. You will shape our strategy and win, manage and deliver strategic advisory services through work in policy frameworks needed to support pipelines of projects and supply chain growth.
In time, depending on your experience and knowledge, we anticipate that you will be working as an Associate Director, responsible for leading and growing this strategic part of our business. Our Associate Director salary range is between £68,000 and £94,000 depending on experience.
- Lead project delivery to clients, including client relationship management, project management, research, analysis and reporting
- Develop new business opportunities, own client relationships and lead the creation of proposals
- Manage the work of other colleagues in the team to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget and potentially line manage others in the team
- Shape and implement our strategy, considering opportunities to influence in new markets and areas of practice, globally
- Shape our in-house tools and processes to keep BVG Associates at the cutting edge of strategic advisory services, and
- Work closely with other members of the team in a supportive, collaborative and dynamic working culture.
For this role, you will need a combination of:
- Five to ten years of relevant experience in the arena of wind industry building, either within the public sector, enabling organising, project developers or consulting firms
- A strategic mindset and expertise in strategy development and planning, gained in either a management consulting practice or other strategic role
- A proven ability and the drive to manage client relationships and generate consulting sales
- The ability to effectively manage multiple, often short-term but complex projects across multiple clients and geographies
- Strong people management skills with the aptitude and ability to lead, coach and motivate others to achieve their best
- Strong line management skills, with the opportunity to establish a team of around four direct reports
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills to communicate clearly and accurately
- Good proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The ability to pick things up quickly, as every project and every day can be different
- Initiative and self-sufficiency to work in a small team
- An aptitude for order, accuracy, efficiency and quality so that you can deliver to our high standards
- The ability to prioritise a busy and varied schedule and juggle different demands on your time
- Flexibility, focus and a hunger to learn, and
- A vibrant interest in making a difference on a global level within the industries we serve.
We are keen to hear from you if you are located within, or have good working knowledge of the European, US or east Asian offshore wind regional markets.
We recognise that no-one will have a similar level of capability across all these areas. What is important to us is to understand your interests, motivations and relative capability in different areas. We are talent-led and will explore with the strongest candidates how best to involve them within our team, to make the most difference to those we serve. We are keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days holiday for UK based team members plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Discretionary, quarterly profit-share
- 3% employer contribution to your pension for UK based team members
- Cycle to work scheme for UK based team members
- Fantastic working locations, if located in one of our offices; we are open to discussions about other locations
- A commitment to supporting you to make the most of your career, long-term.
How to apply
Find out more about working for BVGA by downloading the Applicant Pack using the button on this page. You can apply for the Managing Consultant role using the online form – you’ll need to include your CV as well as complete the online application form.
Please read our applicant privacy notice which tells you how we will hold and use the personal data which you share with us as part of the recruitment process.
We are keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential. To help us achieve this aim we ask you to complete the monitoring form. You do not have to complete this form, if you do not wish to do so.
If you’re excited about being part of BVGA’s team and passionate about what we do, we’d love to hear from you even if you don’t meet every single one of our requirements.