Preparatory webinar for the constraints exploration workshops for the Marine spatial planning for offshore wind in the Philippines project.
In preparation for the constraints exploration workshops (see below) we held a webinar 17th January.
The purpose of the webinar was to:
- Provide an introduction to the project, to offshore wind (OSW) and to marine spatial planning (MSP)
- Explain the process for the workshops
- Provide important input to make the workshops run efficiently, and
- Provide an opportunity for you to ask any questions you might have in advance of the workshops.
Constraints Exploration workshops
The purpose of the project is to:
- Develop and implement a MSP process which identifies zones for development, outlines the “no-build” zones in the local setting, de-risking wind energy service contracts.
- Establish an MSP tool to enable future updates and support the ongoing development of OSW in the country, respecting biodiversity, social and technical attributes.
- Engage, equip, and upskill relevant government bodies and stakeholders to be able to use, maintain, and update the tool in a sustainable manner with the necessary knowledge and skills to foster the growth of critical OSW development in the Philippines in an urgent but respectful way.
We recognise that early, transparent and inclusive stakeholder engagement is key to strategic spatial planning, and the Constraints Exploration workshops is the first activity planned to enable involvement of important stakeholders.
- The purpose of the workshops is to receive expert stakeholder input on:
The sensitivity of different biodiversity, social and technical attributes to OSW, and
- Geographical data relating to each attribute.
Please get in touch with CDI@bvgassociates.com if you would like to attend.