Location: Cricklade, Wiltshire or Glasgow, Scotland with flexible working
Salary: c£35 to £44k depending on experience plus benefits
Grow wind energy, globally and accelerate the energy transition
Help companies and governments to make the right decisions for successful futures
Work in a highly talented, committed team with a passion for making a difference
Location: Our offices are in the UK (Cricklade, Wiltshire and Glasgow, Scotland) but we are happy to explore flexible working arrangements.
About the role
The Senior Consultant will manage and deliver strategic advisory services across our core areas of expertise, including advising clients in business strategy, industry economics and technology.
Working closely with other members of the team, you will:
- Deliver consultancy projects to clients, including client relationship management, project management, research, analysis and reporting
- Support business development and provide input to proposals
- Engage with industry to stay up to date with latest information, and gain insight into current trends and thinking
- Undertake desk-based research into the technology, market and supply chain of the industries we serve
- Develop in-house tools and keep our knowledge management systems up to date, and
- Work closely with other members of the team in a supportive, collaborative and dynamic working culture
BVGA wants to be an inclusive employer – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential. We are therefore keen to meet with people from varied backgrounds.
We are looking for people with most of the following:
- At least two years’ relevant wind industry experience, or two years of management consulting experience, working with industrial companies
- A degree, ideally in mechanical, civil or electrical engineering, physics, natural science, mathematics, business or economics (2.1 or above)
- Good proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ideally experience of working with databases and data science
- Project management capability experience, including managing client relationships
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills; data science training or experience would be an advantage
- Excellent writing skills to communicate clearly and accurately in written documents
- To enjoy meeting and talking with new people and be able to communicate effectively in person with a wide range of stakeholders
- A highly logical mind, to analyse situations, identify improvements and structure facts into coherent arguments
- The ability to pick things up quickly, as every project and every day can be different
- Initiative and self-sufficiency to work in a small team
- An aptitude for order, accuracy, efficiency and quality so that you can deliver to our high standards
- The ability to prioritise a busy and varied schedule and juggle different demands on your time
- Flexibility, focus and a hunger to learn
- Confidence in your ability and talent as a high performer, and
- A vibrant interest in the industries we serve.
We are keen to hear from you if you are located within, or have good working knowledge of the European, US or east Asian offshore wind regional markets.
We recognise that no-one will have a similar level of capability across all these areas. What is important to us is to understand your interests, motivations and relative capability in different areas. We are talent-led and will explore with the strongest candidates how best to involve them within our team, to make the most difference to those we serve. We are keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
A starting salary of between £35k to £44k with the opportunity to progress
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days holiday for UK based team members
- Discretionary, quarterly profit-share
- 3% employer contribution to your pension for UK based team members
- Cycle to work scheme for UK based team members
- Fantastic working locations, if located in one of our offices; we are open to discussions about other locations, and
- A commitment to supporting you to make the most of your career
Please note that certain benefits start once you have passed probation which is six months after your start date.
How to apply
Find out more about working for BVGA by downloading the Applicant Information Pack using the button on this page. You can apply for the Consultant role using the online form – you’ll need to include your CV as well as complete the online application form.
Please read our applicant privacy notice which tells you how we will hold and use the personal data which you share with us as part of the recruitment process.
The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 21 June 2021 but we will review applications as soon as we receive them and may close the process early depending on the number of applications we receive.
We are keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential. To help us achieve this aim we ask you to complete this monitoring form. You do not have to complete this form, if you do not wish to do so.
If you’re excited about being part of BVGA’s team and passionate about what we do, we’d love to hear from you even if you don’t meet every single one of our requirements.