(full time with opportunity for some flexible working)
Location: Cricklade, Wiltshire or Glasgow, Scotland.
Salary: circa £32k to circa £39k (depending on experience) plus benefits.
Closing Date: 29 May 2019.
About the Senior Consultant role
Due to an increasing demand for our services, BVG Associates is looking for a Senior Consultant who will manage and deliver strategic advisory services across our core areas of expertise, including advising clients in business strategy, industry economics and technology.
Working closely with other members of the team, you will:
- Deliver consultancy projects to clients, including client relationship management, project management, research, analysis and reporting
- Support business development and provide input to proposals
- Engage with industry to stay up to date with latest information, and gain insight into current trends and thinking
- Undertake desk-based research into the technology, market and supply chain of the industries we serve
- Develop in-house tools and keep our knowledge management systems up to date, and
- Work closely with other members of the team in a supportive, collaborative and dynamic working culture.
For this role you will need:
- At least two years’ relevant wind industry experience, or two years of management consulting experience, working with industrial companies
- A degree, ideally in mechanical, civil or electrical engineering, physics, natural science, mathematics, business or economics (2.1 or above)
- Good proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and ideally experience of working with databases and data science
- Project management capability experience, including managing client relationships
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills; data science training or experience would be an advantage
- Excellent writing skills to communicate clearly and accurately in written documents
- To be able to communicate effectively in person with a wide range of stakeholders
- A highly logical mind, to analyse situations, identify improvements and structure facts into coherent arguments
- The ability to pick things up quickly, as every project and every day can be different
- Initiative and self sufficiency to work in a small team
- An aptitude for order, accuracy, efficiency and quality so that you can deliver to our high standards
- The ability to prioritise a busy and varied schedule and juggle different demands on your time
- Flexibility, focus and a hunger to learn
- Confidence in your ability and talent as a high performer, and
- A vibrant interest in the industries we serve.
In return, we offer:
- A competitive remuneration package
- Company profit-share scheme that rewards individual and team success
- Pension scheme with employee and employer contributions
- Potential for flexible working
- Work in an intellectually stimulating and challenging but supportive environment
- The ability to really make a difference through your job, and
- A strong ethos of personal learning and development.
The role can be based at either our main office in north Wiltshire which is within easy reach of Swindon, Cheltenham, Oxford and Bristol or at our Scottish office in central Glasgow. Our team works collaboratively across locations using video-conferencing and regularly travels to meet clients and attend industry events in the UK and overseas.
How to apply
We will shortlist applications as soon as we receive them and may close the advert early, depending on the number of applications we receive.
The selection process will involve an initial telephone interview and if successful in moving to the next stage, we will then invite you to attend an assessment day in our Cricklade and/or Glasgow offices in mid June, which will include opportunities for you to find out more about us and the role.
Please read our applicant privacy notice which tells you how we will hold and use your personal data.
Equal opportunities monitoring
In line with our equal opportunities policy, we are committed to ensuring that no-one is discriminated against in our recruitment process.
To help us achieve this aim, we encourage all applicants to complete our equal opportunities monitoring form and return it to us at email@example.com. We will keep this information separately from your CV to make sure that none of the information you have provided will be used in the selection decision.