Want to make the move into renewable energy consulting?
Senior Consultant, focussing on offshore wind O&M
Cricklade, Wiltshire or Glasgow, Scotland with flexible working
c£38k to £49k depending on experience, plus bonus and benefits
Grow wind energy, globally and accelerate the energy transition
Help companies and governments to make the right decisions for successful futures
Work in a highly talented, committed team with a passion for making a difference.
Location: Our offices are in the UK (Cricklade, Wiltshire and Glasgow, Scotland) but we are happy to explore flexible working arrangements.
About the role
This is a unique opportunity if you have experience of wind farm operations in offshore wind and want to bring value to the wider industry through consultancy and strategic advice. This role has a specific focus on bringing the skills and wisdom gained from offshore wind operations into our strategic advisory services. While the role will specialise in strategic operational advice for offshore (and onshore) wind farms, there will also be opportunity to manage and deliver our services across our other core areas of expertise, including advising clients in business strategy, industry economics and technology.
Working closely with the other members of the team, you will:
- Bring your offshore operational experience into our consultancy services
- Provide realism and practical advice when advising clients on their operational strategies
- Leverage the experience from your offshore experience to help us identify areas where the industry would benefit from targeted innovation and collaboration
- Support our business development efforts, seeking out new opportunities and providing input to proposals
When working across the wider team, you will:
- Deliver consultancy projects to clients, including client relationship management, project management, research, analysis and reporting• Engage with industry to stay up to date with latest information, and gain insight into current trends and thinking
- Undertake desk-based research into the technology, market and supply chain of the industries we serve
- Develop in-house tools and keep our knowledge management systems up to date, and
- Work closely with other members of the team in a supportive, collaborative and dynamic working culture.
We are keen to hear from you if you are located within, or have good working knowledge of the European, US or Asian offshore wind regional markets.
- A desire to bring direct offshore wind operational experience into the consultancy world, ensuring both we and our clients benefit from your experience
- At least four years’ offshore wind operations provision including involvement in strategic decisions and leading technical teams
- Experience of offshore planning and logistics
- Excellent writing skills to communicate clearly and accurately in written documents
- Flexibility, focus and a hunger to learn combined with confidence in your ability and talent, and
- A vibrant interest in the industries we serve
Our preferred candidate will also have most of the following:
- A degree, ideally in mechanical, civil or electrical engineering, physics, natural science, mathematics, business or economics, or further relevant professional experience
- Project management capability experience, including managing client relationships
- An enjoyment of meeting and talking with new people and be able to communicate effectively in person with a wide range of stakeholders
- A highly logical mind, to analyse situations, identify improvements and structure facts into coherent arguments
- Initiative and self-sufficiency to work in a small team
- An aptitude for order, accuracy, efficiency and quality so that you can deliver to our high standards
- The ability to prioritise a busy and varied schedule and juggle different demands on your time
We recognise that no-one will have a similar level of capability across all these areas. What is important to us is to understand your interests, motivations and elative capability in different areas. We are talent-led and will explore with the strongest candidates how best to involve them within our team, to make the most difference to those we serve. We are keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days holiday for UK based team members plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Discretionary, quarterly profit-share
- 3% employer contribution to your pension for UK based team members
- Cycle to work scheme for UK based team members
- Fantastic working locations, if located in one of our offices; we are open to discussions about other locations
- A commitment to supporting you to make the most of your career, long-term.
How to apply
Find out more about working for BVGA by downloading the Applicant Pack using the button on this page. You can apply for the Senior Consultant role using the online form – you’ll need to include your CV as well as complete the online application form.
Please read our applicant privacy notice which tells you how we will hold and use the personal data which you share with us as part of the recruitment process.
We are keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential. To help us achieve this aim we ask you to complete the monitoring form. You do not have to complete this form, if you do not wish to do so.
If you’re excited about being part of BVGA’s team and passionate about what we do, we’d love to hear from you even if you don’t meet every single one of our requirements.