Senior Cost Modeller
Help us grow our cost modelling services .
Hybrid working with some time in one of our offices in Cricklade, Wiltshire or Glasgow, Scotland
- c£35k to £56k depending on experience and expertise, plus bonus and benefits
- Grow wind energy and accelerate the energy transition
- Help companies and governments make the right decisions
- Work in a highly talented, committed team with a passion for making a difference
We are hybrid working, where we ask you to work from one of our two offices at least one day a week and remotely the rest of the time but we are happy to explore other flexible working arrangements.
About the role
Cost and levelized cost of energy modelling underpins a wide range of our work, including:
- Industry building in established and emerging markets
- GIS-based site finding and strategic auction support
- Business case and technology innovation modelling, and
- Local economic benefit and jobs analyses.
Our parametric models enable us to do both temporal and spatial modelling, forecasting 15 years into the future, and assess costs based on physical GIS-based site conditions and a range of other project parameters.
The Senior Cost Modeller will shape and lead our ongoing model development and consulting delivery. You will be working with experienced members of our senior team, specialists in given areas of supply and modellers/programmers able to implement solutions efficiently.
With at least three (five for Managing Consultant) years’ relevant experience, you will demonstrate:
- A proven ability to think strategically and to develop and implement strategic initiatives
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills to communicate clearly and accurately
- Initiative and self-sufficiency to work in a small team
- An aptitude for order, accuracy, efficiency and quality so that you can deliver to our high standards
- The ability to prioritise a busy and varied schedule and juggle different demands on your time
- Flexibility, focus and a hunger to learn, and
- A vibrant interest in making a difference on a global level within the industries we serve.
Depending on your specific strengths, experience and aptitude, you will provide a subset of the following commercial, managerial, technical skills.
- A strong background in understanding current and future costs for offshore wind projects and associated supply chain, ideally from a global perspective
- Ability to develop and implement our strategy and processes for gathering cost data (including opening up new data sources, though partnerships), and
- Ability to develop new business opportunities, own client relationships and lead the creation of proposals.
- Evidence of strong people management skills with the aptitude and ability to lead, coach and motivate others to achieve their best
- Experience of managing the work of colleagues to ensure internal and client projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Ability to work closely with the team in a supportive, collaborative and dynamic working culture.
- Ability to manage often short-term but complex projects across multiple clients and geographies, and
- Experience of leading project delivery to clients, including client relationship management, project management, research, analysis and reporting.
- Ability to lead population of models with regularly updated cost curves through a robust process of data and model validation, using both bottom-up detail and top-down trends
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills
- Proven ability in Python (or similar), QGIS (or similar), MS SQL (or similar) and Power BI, and
- Solid understanding of WORD, Excel, PowerPoint and the wider Office365 suite (particularly Power Automate).
We are keen to hear from you if you are located within, or have good working knowledge of the European, US or east Asian offshore wind regional markets.
We recognise that no-one will have a similar level of capability across all these areas. What is important to us is to understand your interests, motivations and relative capability in different areas. We are talent-led and will explore with the strongest candidates how best to involve them within our team, to make the most difference to those we serve. We are keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
- Flexible working arrangements
- 25 days holiday for UK based team members plus bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Discretionary, quarterly profit-share
- 3% employer contribution to your pension for UK based team members
- Cycle to work scheme for UK based team members
- Fantastic working locations, if located in one of our offices; we are open to discussions about other locations, and
- A commitment to supporting you to make the most of your career.
Download the information pack to find out more about working for BVGA.
How to apply
You can apply for the Senior Cost Modeller using by sending us your CV and cover letter using the Apply Now button on this page
Please read our applicant privacy notice which tells you how we will hold and use the personal data which you share with us as part of the recruitment process.
We are keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential. To help us achieve this aim we ask you to complete this monitoring form. You do not have to complete this form, if you do not wish to do so.
If you’re excited about being part of BVGA’s team and passionate about what we do, we’d love to hear from you even if you don’t meet every single one of our requirements.