Driving the offshore wind business forward
Position: Senior associate/Associate director
Specialism: Offshore wind industry business advisory services
Location: Cricklade, Wiltshire
Closing date: 4 September
You will lead our work in providing the market intelligence, technical insight and commercial knowledge to help our clients’ businesses succeed.
Our clients include start-up entrepreneurs with new ideas through to multi-national conglomerates looking to diversify into new sectors. Many have the practical and technical knowledge in their field but look to BVGA to deliver technical understanding, specific market intelligence or business insight to achieve strong commercial success. You will be expected to evolve and deliver our global strategy for business advisory services, developing new business opportunities, winning work and leading in its delivery.
As part of this role, you will:
- Continue to drive the vision for business advisory services, both internally and externally to BVGA
- Develop and launch new business ideas, communicate them to the client and win new work
- Lead responses to international tenders
- Create and develop relationships with a wide range of industry participants across the value chain
Play a key day to day role in delivering to clients, including in:
- Helping established industries diversify into the renewable energy market
- Market entry, customer value proposition and strategy development
- Market forecasting and competitor landscape
- Voice of customer and communications strategy
- Industry introductions and investor relations
- Mergers, acquisitions and tendering support
- Project direct and manage a range of projects, simultaneously, providing industry-leading insight in your specific areas of expertise
You will also:
- Support our internal learning activities and help grow the capability of our team
- Present at international conferences, and
- Have the opportunity to line manage and support the career development of a small team.
As well as understanding who we are and how we work, the ideal candidate will have:
- An undergraduate degree in a numerical or engineering discipline
- At least ten years of professional experience, working in a relevant capacity, including five years in the wind industry or energy systems space
- Consultancy experience in a number of relevant areas (which could be internal consultancy within a large organisation)
- Experience in managing the delivery of simultaneous large and small projects in a dynamic environment
- Experience of leading bids and business development activities as part of team, including estimating costs for work
- Broad knowledge of the major wind energy industry players and cost drivers
- Skills in interpreting results and findings for a non-technical audience
- Confidence and capability to prepare complete deliverables, achieving clarity, accuracy and consistency
- Ability to lead a team to deliver results
- Skilled in persuading and influencing others
- Advanced Excel user skills would be desirable
- Willing and able to adjust to a rapidly changing work load with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- The ability to thrive in an intellectually challenging environment with a will to think in new ways and solve tough problems, and
- The ability to engage constructively with the wider BVGA team.
This role is located in our Cricklade office in the Wiltshire countryside, near Swindon. Our team regularly travels to meet clients and attend industry events in the UK and overseas.
What we offer
In return, we offer:
- A competitive package, benchmarked to the industry
- Company profit-share scheme that rewards individual and team success
- The opportunity to make a difference doing things that you enjoy, alongside people committed to a purpose
- Work in an intellectually stimulating, challenging and supportive environment
- A strong ethos of personal learning and development, and
- Potential for flexible working.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this exciting role, please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter highlighting your relevant skills, knowledge and experience to Tracey Searley at firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Tracy Madgwick, HR Director on 07899 665506 or email her at email@example.com.
The selection process will involve an initial telephone interview and if successful, we’ll then invite you to a formal assessment process. We anticipate that this will be during the weeks beginning 18 and 25 September 2017 .
The closing deadline for applications is Monday 4 September 2017.
No agencies please.